Workers’ compensation professionals and claims adjusters rely on us to better understand the actual physical demands and the point of recovery necessary to obtain a work release. They’re seeking to direct the return-to-work process and overcome barriers as they facilitate a safe return-to-work. Frustrated that many job descriptions lack information about essential job functions, they’re not content to simply wait for an upgraded work status while they negotiate with an employer who refuses to accept an injured worker who is “less than 100%”. What they want is way to move the case forward in order to avoid ongoing indemnity costs and expenses.
Employers benefit from the ability to manage the return-to-work process by securing appropriate productive job-fit accommodations. They don’t think it makes sense to continually pay an injured worker’s indemnity wages when they could, in fact, be accommodated at work with workplace ergonomic improvements. We make sure an injured worker can do 100% of their job assignments.
We find low-cost solutions, which reduce physical demands and match work capabilities. Our ultimate objective is to return the employee to the original job duties. At times, we outline temporary modifications that best fit current functional capabilities.
- Safely return injured workers to productive work assignments
- Determine the best fit with injured worker’s functional capabilities
- Identify modified and alternative job assignments
- Recommend ergonomic job accommodations
- Improve communication with healthcare management team and claim review
- Close claims quickly and resolve barriers to return-to-work